Believe it or not, I discovered the goodness of crispy fried ranch chicken wings when visiting a local Wal-Mart about a year ago. Ever since then, they have been one of my favorite foods to each during my lunch hour.
I liked ranch wings so much to the point were I didn’t realize how much money i was spending on buying them already cooked from the store! So, one day I decided to get in my kitchen and figure out how to make them myself. I was surprised at how easy it was!
Here is what you will need:
- 5 – 7 Whole Chicken Wings
- 2 Tbs – Ranch Seasoning (How To Make Ranch Seasoning Mix)
- 1 Tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup – Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup – Self Rising Flower
- Section the chicken wings into wingettes and drumettes. Then set to the side for later.
- Before preparing the wings for cooking, go ahead and turn on your fryer and let it preheat to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream into bowl.
- Add 2 Tbs of ranch seasoning and shake until even. You can easily make your own ranch seasoning with a few ingredients that you probably already have laying around the kitchen. For instructions on how to do it, click this link – How To Make Ranch Seasoning
- Now, add the chicken wingettes and drumettes to the bowl and stir them around until each is completely coated with cream and seasoning.
- Add 1 cup of self rising flower and 1 tsp of baking powder to a bowl. Give it a few shakes, add the chicken, and give it a few more good shakes until each piece of chicken is covered thoroughly.
- Drop the wingettes and drumettes one by one into the flyer and cook for about 8 – 12 minutes.
Once done, add a little more ranch seasoning over the wings and that’s it! Enjoy!