There are so many ways that you can prepare a great side dish of tomatoes. One of my favorites is to load them with parmesan cheese and smoke along side my favorite meat on the grill.
What you will need:
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
- Begin by slicing each tomato into halves.
- Pull out two sheets of aluminum foil, each about 20 – 24 inches in lenght. Overlap the two sheets and fashion it into an open, rectangular box.
- Arrange the tomatoes into rows inside of the foil.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper over the tops of each tomato half.
- Completely cover the tops of each tomato with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
- Now, sprinkle a few dashes of oregano over the cheese.
- Fold in the aluminum foil box, place on the grill and close the grill lid.
- After smoking the tomatoes for about 15 minutes, open the foil and smoke for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
And that’s it! Enjoy!