If you’ve never had home made strawberry syrup, you should definitely give it a try. Making syrup from scratch is very simple and easy to do. All you need is:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries
- Pour the water, sugar, and sliced strawberries into a pot and bring to a low boil. To prevent the syrup from foaming up too fast, stir often and make sure it doesnt boil too hot.
- When the strawberries begin to fade in color, dip them out and strain any excess syrup back into pot.
- While continuing to boil the syrup, skim off any excess foam. Pour in 1/4 cup of honey and continue boiling until the mixture has been reduced to a little less than half of its original volume.
- Once the syrup has been reduced, pour into a mason jar, cover, and refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours.
That’s it! Enjoy