If you are looking for the perfect breakfast or dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and sooth your craving for strawberries, then this recipe is for you! Here is what you will need:
- 4 slices of italian or sour dough bread
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Confectioners Sugar
- Cream cheese
- Strawberry Syrup (How To Make Strawberry Syrup – Click Here)
- Combine the eggs with 1/3 cup of milk, 1/4 – 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon, and 2 Tsp of sugar. Then, whisk until evenly mixed.
- Spread cream cheese on the inside halves of all four pieces of bread. Place a layer of 5 – 7 strawberries on two of the bread pieces.
- Put together each sandwich and pinch the edges so the strawberries and cream don’t leak out when handling or cooking.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat and melt 2 Tbsp of butter in the bottom.
- Dip both sides of the sandwiches in the cinnamon milk egg wash. Then, place in the skillet and toast each side of the sandwiches for 2 – 3 minutes.
That’s It! Slice the toasted sandwiches into halves, sprinkle a little confectioners sugar, pour a little strawberry syrup, and enjoy!
Making your own home made strawberry syrup is very simple and easy to do. Find out how by clicking the link on the screen. The link can also be found in the description below.