Another great breakfast recipe that I enjoy cooking on the weekends is a sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit melt! In appearance, it really reminds you of an over sized pig in a blanket spin off. It’s very easy to prepare and is guaranteed to hold your hunger down until lunch time! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 – 2 Cooked Sausage Links
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Go ahead and pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Crack two eggs in a small bowl, add 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Then, wisk until evenly mixed and set aside for later.
- Now, lets prepare the biscuit dough. Begin by melting 1/2 cup of butter in a small bowl
- Add 1 Cup of Flour, 1/2 Tbs of sugar, 1 1/2 Tsp of baking powder, and 1/2 Tsp of salt to the bowl
- Then, add 1/2 cup of milk. Stir and fold the biscuit dough until it become thick and evenly mixed.
- Spread a 2 – 4 tablespoons of flour onto a baking sheet or pan. Roll and fold the batter in the pan of flour until it becomes easy to handle without sticking to your hands.
- Spray a little cooking oil in the bottom of a baking pan. Then place the dough divided into two to three pieces in the pan. Place a sausage link on each piece of dough and shape up the dough around sides of each sausage.
- Place in the oven and bake on 400 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While the sausage and biscuits are baking, cook and scramble the seasoned egg mix.
- Take the baked sausage biscuits from the oven and spread a little butter over the sides. Then, add the scrambled eggs and shredded cheddar cheese over the tops of each one.
- Place everything back in the oven for an additional 5 – 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Remove from the oven, and you are done!
Sprinkle a little parsley, serve, and enjoy!