Veggie Rotini is a versatile and healthy food choice that should always be in your pantry. There are a million and one ways to cook it, and its guaranteed to be a people pleaser no matter how you prepare it. Today, I want to share a rendition that my family likes to request and enjoy time and time again. Veggie Rotoniti with meat sauce!
- 2 Cups of Veggie Rottini
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 Green Onion Stalks
- 1/2lb of ground beef
- 12 oz of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp of Oregano
- 1 Tsp of Pepper
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- 8 – 10 Campari Tomatos
- 1 1/2 Cups of water
- Begin by slicing and chopping the green and yellow onions.
- Set the on ions to the side and begin browning 1/2lb of ground beef in a skillet on medium heat.
- While waiting for the beef to cook, go ahead and cut 8 – 10 campari tomatos into quarters.
- Check on the beef and continue to chop and stir until thoroughly cooked.
- Now that the beef is cooked, its time for the fun part… making the meat sauce!
- Before getting started on the sauce, remove the excess grease from the beef and begin cooking 2 cups of Rotinni pasta in a pot of boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks, add 12 oz of tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cup of water, and 1 chopped yellow onion to the beef skillet. Continue to cook and stir on medium heat until the onions soften.
- While cooking the sauce, be sure to occasionally stir the Rotinni pasta until they are soft enough to serve.
- Once the chopped onions have been cooked soft in the meat sauce, season the sauce with 1 tsp of salt, 2 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp of oregano, and 1 tsp of pepper.
- Continue stirring the sauce while adding the sliced green onions and campari tomatos. Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, rinse the excess starch from the cooked noodles.
And that’s it! Plate, serve, and enjoy!